[cfe-dev] Help with LibTool

via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 26 11:32:34 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a static analysis tool using LibTool. Ultimately I'd like to be able to produce an AST from c source code, modify it somehow, then reproduce the modified source code reflecting these changes.

I've seen tutorials on this however when I try them I run into many problems with executing "make".

After weeks of trying to figure out this I'm out of options.

Would anyone please help me get in the right direction as to how I can effectively implement a tool using the LibTool interface.

Additional notes: I'm not sure if this is normal, but when I use Svn to checkout LLVM and CLANG and then build, it takes almost 12-15 hours. And then if I try to run the make cmd in any directory I get a MakeFile doesn't exist error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time!

Best Regards,

Omid Ghenatnevi