[cfe-dev] [clang-tidy] Some possible contributions

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 22 10:21:15 PDT 2015

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply; otherwise I will not see your reply.
Thanks.]

In article <5626C26F.4040009 at gmail.com>,
    Piotr Dziwinski via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> It still needs work on corner cases and some hard cases like switch
> statements, which I've left out for now. And of course more tests. I
> will try to cover as much as possible in unit tests, but it's just
> impossible to test everything. The real verification will be running it
> on some production code. I will look at the project you gave as example,
> too.

Areas where I have found refactoring tools to fail are with "exotic"
types like pointer to function, pointer to member data and pointer to
member function.  Sometimes things freak out with unions, too.

I looked at your test file on github and it's already covering the
idea of multiple variables declared in a single statement where one of
them is localized later in the scope, so that looks good.