[cfe-dev] How to link to "more docs" for clang-tidy checks

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 6 10:12:10 PDT 2015

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply.  Thanks.]

In article <CAAt6xTuJ7pvnZk2LhjAZad=4340jA=rh43rSVNyRbMK5SK2QYw at mail.gmail.com>,
    Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM, Richard via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> > In article
> <CAOsfVv=sC9yW4wZbKkvP9LyqEGvMXRCLgBwuN2OunqkVsrCiDQ at mail.gmail.com>,
> >     Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
> >
> >> Requirements are:
> >> - for a single clang release, the docs should be static (we don't want
> the
> >> docs to not reflect the checks)
> >
> > Including docs in the distribution would do this.
>
> Depending on the license for the documentation itself, we would have
> to obtain permission from the copyright owners to do this, which could
> severely limit what docs we can include.

I'm confused.  We're talking about the documentation for clang-tidy
checks, which is wholly within the LLVM.org's ownership as it is part
of their source tree.

Why would we be limited in any respect on these docs?