[cfe-dev] [analyzer] -analyzer-output=text in scan-build

Anna Zaks via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 5 11:36:13 PDT 2015

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 11:20 AM, Alexander Droste <alexander.ra.droste at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your answer! Is there a reason why this is not
> activated in any case by default when the analyzer is invoked?

I think it’s about the workflows that are interesting to various users. Plist provides the richest output; this is what is used to view the error reports in Xcode. Scan-build uses the HTML reports. Unfortunately, the cross-file support is still lacking there and there are other problems with the current implementation, such as scalability. The text output is not user friendly; we mainly use it for testing.

Anna.