[cfe-dev] RFC: Help rewriting <valarray> to support types derived from std::valarray.

Petr Pavlu via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 3 05:25:00 PDT 2015

Hi Eric,

I recently submitted for review [1] a valarray patch that
contains a similar solution but for a different problem and only
for transcendentals. I originally had a patch that included
operators too but then decided to start with a simpler patch to
get initial feedback on the approach.

My patch adds new templates for transcendentals that take only
valarray as a parameter. The original templates are not changed
but with the new templates there should not be a reason why the
patch could not restrict the original ones only to __val_expr
which I think would match your proposed solution.

I am not though sure that I understand your problem fully. Could
you please send me an actual reproducer that shows the error?

[1] http://reviews.llvm.org/D13289

Thank you,
Petr