[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Clang devirtualization proposal

Piotr Padlewski via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 2 15:50:38 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I am finishing my internship today and I want to make small report:

1. available_externally vtables are now generated for classes without
inline / hidden virtual functions
2. Assumption loads are generated for the same case as above (temporary
works only with -fstrict-vtable-pointers because of some performance lose
in InstCombine)
3. Using invariant.group metadata, vtable loads and vfunction loads are now
squashed to one load across one BB.

If someone would like to contact me, piotr.padlewski at gmail.com is my
personal email (I won't have access to prazek at google.com)

Piotr Padlewski