[cfe-dev] indexer plugin

Oberhoff, Daniel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 1 12:35:34 PDT 2015

Hello dear clang hackers,

I have recently begun using rtags to get some more grip on my code when working it in emacs. It helps me a lot, but it also uses a lot of resources while indexing my codebase. Recently I have been wondering if all that power going into parsing the code can be re-used to actually compile it. I was thinking that one could just tell the compiler to create some kind of index file along with the product as is possible for dependencies already.

Is there anything like that? I.e. planned for clang, or as a plugin somewhere? How hard would it be to make what rtags uses into such a plugin?

Best

Daniel

PS: please reply to me in person, as I am not currently subscribing this list.