[cfe-dev] [analyzer] Random SVal hierarchy questions.

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 17 07:53:47 PST 2015

Hmm, i think i can answer myself regarding conjured structures, after a
bit of thinking. There's really nothing wrong with symbols of structural
type - in fact, it has been some kind of a dream for me to consider
complicated constraints on structures, and especially on containers -
consider a solver that can handle constraints like "this symbolic set is
a subset of that symbolic set", or SymSymExpr's like "this set is an
intersection of these two sets", etc., which can be achieved with
structure-type symbols. Probably even strings would be modeled better
with string-symbols and constraints than with stores. So i think it's
all right to keep the current situation, even though we're not quite
using these capabilities yet, and i withdraw this idea.