[cfe-dev] codechecker into clang/LLVM?

Devin Coughlin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 13:58:01 PST 2015

> On Nov 11, 2015, at 9:07 AM, Dániel Krupp via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Anna,
>
> First, thanks for looking into this.
> We are open to any suggestions that you feel necessary to get this accepted to LLVM/Clang as a bug-tracking solution…
>
> >- What would it take for this to replace scan-build?...
> We’ve been mainly targeting (I mean test it on ) Linux, but Mac and Windows support can be easily added too.
> Since the whole thing is in python, the only  issue here could be the “build interposition”, as you pointed out. Other than that, it’s pretty much platform independent.

One important use case that scan-build/ccc-analyzer supports but that the LD_PRELOAD + compilation database approach doesn’t is running the analyzer as the code is being built rather than replaying the build commands later. This is important build systems that move or modify build system intermediates. I think it would be good to continue to have a way to support such projects.

Devin