[cfe-dev] 'scan-build ./configure' hang

Maarten Hoes via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 13:18:08 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to analyze a certain project [1] with the clang-analyzer. But at
a certain step [2] during 'scan-build ./configure', the command appears to
hang (or at least perform so slowly that it appears to hang). If I just run
'./configure' without scan-build, the configure finishes quite fast and as
expected. I'm running the latest svn version (r252789) of
llvm/clang/scan-build on Fedora 23.

I aborted the scan-build and took a look at 'config.log' but must admit I'm
not quite sure what to look for.

Any and all help to figure out what is going on here, and help fix it, is
appreciated.

Thanks,

- Maarten

[1]
Hyperion
https://github.com/hercules-390/hyperion

[2]
checking whether getopt wrapper kludge is necessary...