[cfe-dev] fixed point notation in clang

Fabio Gritti via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 02:52:29 PST 2015

Hi, we are trying to implement in the LLVM/Clang framework the fixed point
notation as specified in the ISO/IEC TR 18037 (
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1169.pdf ).

We've seen different old discussions about this topic and we are wondering
on what is the status today since seems that the framework doesn't support
it yet.

We've already asked on the llvm-dev mailing list and they point us here
because in their opinion it is possible to implement part of the specific (
the non-saturating part ) as a pure clang extension.

Do you know if there is anybody working on this? If not, do you have any
advice or idea for the implementation of the non-saturating part?

Thank you very much

Best regards