[cfe-dev] Catching -fsanitize=integer generate error ?

Stéphane Letz via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 6 04:34:35 PST 2015

Hi,

We are trying to use -fsanitize=integer to detect integer overflow errors. The message "runtime error: signed integer overflow" is generated, but is seems not as a catchable C++ exception. We would like to use try {…code that possibly overflow…. } catch (std::runtime_error& e) { } kind of code to handle the exception.

It that possible? If not is there any alternative to detect integer overflow errors ?

Thanks.

Stéphane Letz