[cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX vs -fopenmp and clang search library search path

Carlo Bertolli cbertol at us.ibm.com
Sat May 16 07:59:20 PDT 2015

HI Chris,

That's clear now, thanks.

-- Carlo

From:	Chris Lattner <clattner at apple.com>
To:	Carlo Bertolli/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
Cc:	cfe-dev <cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu>, "Peyton, Jonathan L"
            <jonathan.l.peyton at intel.com>,
            "openmp-dev at dcs-maillist2.engr.illinois.edu"
            <openmp-dev at dcs-maillist2.engr.illinois.edu>,
            openmp-dev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu
Date:	05/16/2015 12:36 AM
Subject:	Re: [Openmp-dev] [cfe-dev] CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX vs -fopenmp and
            clang search library search path

      On May 15, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Carlo Bertolli <cbertol at us.ibm.com>
      wrote:

      Hi Chris

      I sent an e-mail a while ago but I made a mistake when transforming
      it from daily digest into a single e-mail and you may not have seen
      it.

      lomp is already used for the "lightweight OpenMP" (LOMP)
      implementation, which is for PPC64, BlueGene, and Z-series systems.
      Here are some references to it:

      http://cscads.rice.edu/workshops/summer-2012/slides/performance-tools/OpenMP-for-exascale-CScADS.pdf

      https://www.alcf.anl.gov/files/BlueGeneQ_Optimization.pdf

      One important note is that LOMP supports the KMP* interface and can
      be (and currently is) used as a OpenMP library for LLVM.
      Unless you feel strongly for re-using the name, I would rather prefer
      LLOMP to avoid confusion.

Sure, but “lomp” is presumably actually linked with the command line flag
-llomp today.  The “-l” part is an aspect of the compiler interface to
specify a library to link, not part of the name of the library.

-Chris