[cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] [LLVMdev] OpenMP 3.1 Implementation Complete

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:42:06 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM, Jack Howarth
<howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Bataev, Alexey <a.bataev at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Jack, this is not a problem of this patch, this a problem of your
>> configuration. This patch uses standard clang machinery for locating t
>> libiomp5 library.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Alexey Bataev
>> =============
>> Software Engineer
>> Intel Compiler Team

Andrey,
    I would also note that libc++ is an odd duck since AFAIK in-tree
builds of libc++ are still discouraged so it tends to be built and
installed independently of the rest of the llvm build tree, Outside of
libc++, clang currently only expects to find shared libraries from the
llvm cmake build in the lib/clang/3.7.0/lib/darwin subdiirectory. So
openmp actually is the first shared library (used by a clang compiler
option) which is installed outside of the lib/clang/3.7.0/lib/darwin
subdirectory. Again this isn't a defect in the -fopenmp patch but
rather a deficiency in the current clang library search path vs the
possible install locations used with the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX cmake
option.
               Jack