[cfe-dev] asking about existense of validating generating AST from libclang

Zeel Shah kshah215 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:02:30 PDT 2015

Hi all,
I am using python libclang to parse cpp codes. But I came across that llvm
creates AST(Abstract Syntax Tree) partially/ full depending upon source
code is parsable or not. Going through documentation, I found that
there is *diagnostic
*property for every translation unit.

It's Users' sole responsibility to validate this generated AST using
*diagnostic *

I think this is the general function to validate if the generated AST is
valid or not. If someone have written, can you share or throw some light?

The main reason behind posting is that there is no proper documentation
about *diagnostic .* I found it very hard to use category_number , severity
without any documentation.

Awaiting for reply!

regards,
zeel shah