[cfe-dev] can i dissalow fallback to CL and force only C++03 standard?

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Mon May 11 15:45:13 PDT 2015

I don't think that's very well supported currently. Clang on Windows
activates a bunch of switches by default, and we don't currently support
turning them off:

- -std=c++11: This could easily be overridden if we make -std=c++03 work
from the clang-cl command line. You can get this today by adding "-Xclang
-std=c++03" to bypass clang-cl.

- -fms-extensions: This controls __declspec and other types of conforming
extensions. These are typically necessary to parse the Visual C++ STL. You
probably can't turn this off.

- -fms-compatibility: This controls weird C++ corner cases that are
typically not encountered by the STL. If your code is portable and only
uses the STL, then you might be able to turn this off.

- -fdelayed-template-parsing: Similar to -fms-compatibility, this is needed
for ATL and other system headers that you might not use.

Anyway, different combinations here are not well tested yet.