[cfe-dev] clang, g++, icc link compatibity?

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon May 11 12:08:03 PDT 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Christian Convey
<christian.convey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks David.  So it sounds like you're saying that all the previously messy
> stuff like vtable layouts, exception handling, etc. are non-issues for
> current versions of those three compilers.  Is that right?

David's reply is very very misleading -

You're not only dealing with potential incompatibilities at the ABI
level. There is also the STL that can play a role.

Is clang using the system STL or libc++? (I think libc++ does play
nice with GNU STL in some circumstances, but not all afaik)

If all 3 compilers are on the same page with the ABI, using the same
EH, the same STL and same runtime - yes in theory, barring things I
can't think right now - it should work.

So double check which runtime/STL ICC is relying on.