[cfe-dev] LLVM source-to-source transformation: IRL to C++ Library

Tamay aykut.tamay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 09:37:23 PDT 2015

Hello everybody,

I am a student from Germany in my masters working on robotics. Since I have
no experience with LLVM I was wondering if it is possible to use LLVM to
build a compiler or interpreter which translates/transforms the commands of
the industrial robot language (IRL) into the open source C++ Robotics
Library. The C++RL is used to control and navigate robots. The idea is to
use the manufacturer-independent robot language (IRL) to make use of the
functions and methods of the C++RL.
I have been searching now for a while but I could not find anything about
it.

I would be very glad and deeply thankful if somebody can help me or give me
further advise on how to get started.