[cfe-dev] LLNL wants one of you (as an HPC compiler and tool developer)

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Mon Mar 30 05:15:45 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

I second this. Marc, while I appreciate the support, David had a legitimate point (and, as it turns out, the answer was not exactly obvious, even from the posting). Specifically, a permanent resident who is intending to become a citizen can be considered, but that is not clear one way or the other from the posting itself.

> Second, do you really think that expecting people to click on a link
> (via a URL shortener, no less) to determine whether an email is
> relevant to them is an efficient use of the time of the few hundred
> people on this list?  I'm not looking for a job, but I have a few
> extremely competent students who will be soon (or, at least, who
> would be willing to consider adding another offer to the ones that
> they're considering) - quickly getting relevant information out of
> job postings benefits the sender, not me.
>
> Third, the link doesn't actually appear to work.  It sends me to a
> page saying 'You must have coolies enabled in order to sign in to
> your PeopleSoft application' (and, before you ask, I do have cookies
> enabled).

Indeed. The link now appears to be broken. In any case, if you go to https://careers.llnl.gov/ and enter '13027' (the job posting id) into the search box, then it brings up the posting directly.

 -Hal

> David