[cfe-dev] LLNL wants one of you (as an HPC compiler and tool developer)

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 04:17:43 PDT 2015

On 29 Mar 2015, at 23:57, Marc J. Driftmeyer <mjd at reanimality.com> wrote:

> No one here should complain about Hal not mentioning US Citizenship. Read the damn job posting included in the link. It's straight forward.

Seriously?  First: your mail is obnoxious, please moderate your tone on this list.

Second, do you really think that expecting people to click on a link (via a URL shortener, no less) to determine whether an email is relevant to them is an efficient use of the time of the few hundred people on this list?  I'm not looking for a job, but I have a few extremely competent students who will be soon (or, at least, who would be willing to consider adding another offer to the ones that they're considering) - quickly getting relevant information out of job postings benefits the sender, not me.

Third, the link doesn't actually appear to work.  It sends me to a page saying 'You must have coolies enabled in order to sign in to your PeopleSoft application' (and, before you ask, I do have cookies enabled).

David