[cfe-dev] [libc++] NOTICE: Breaking change to libc++'s CMake Configuration flags

Eric Fiselier eric at efcs.ca
Thu Mar 19 14:02:54 PDT 2015

Hi All,

If you only build libc++ inside the LLVM tree against libc++abi then
you can stop reading.

In order to clean up libc++'s CMake configuration I am introducing a
breaking change to libc++'s CMake configuration options. The following
options for specifiying the path to the ABI libraries headers are
being removed:

- LIBCXX_LIBSUPCXX_INCLUDE_PATHS
- LIBCXX_LIBCXXABI_INCLUDE_PATHS
- LIBCXX_LIBCXXRT_INCLUDE_PATHS

They have all been replaced with LIBCXX_CXX_ABI_INCLUDE_PATHS. Please
use this option instead.

I have added assertions into CMake to assure that the old options are
not used. If you see one of these assertions fire then you likely need
to clean your build directory.

The change was commited as r232762.

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

/Eric