[cfe-dev] clang-tidy 3.6 - how to suppress caret diagnostics?

Andrew C. Morrow andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:00:27 PDT 2015

Hi -

I asked this over on cfe-user last week, but got no response there:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-users/2015-March/000662.html

I have a need to parse the output of clang-tidy, and the presence of caret
diagnostics makes this more difficult, so I'd like to turn them off.
However, passing -extra-arg=-fno-caret-diagnostics to clang-tidy seems to
have no effect, and clang-tidy rejects the bare -fno-caret-diagnostics flag.

Please see the original post for more details.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Andrew