[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: Dropping support for building sanitizers with autotools

Alexey Samsonov vonosmas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:28:49 PST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org>
wrote:

>  On 24/02/2015 22:40, Alexey Samsonov wrote:
>

>  Currently, dropping the autotools support is breaking the build of
>> compiler-rt for llvm.org/apt/ and
>> the Debian & Ubuntu packaging.
>>

>  Could you point at the failing build? Jenkins (
> http://llvm-jenkins.debian.net/) has dozens of them, I don't know where
> to look. What scripts / rules do you
> use to build the packages?
>

> For example, you will find the issue here:
>
> http://llvm-jenkins.debian.net/job/llvm-toolchain-utopic-binaries/architecture=i386,distribution=utopic/643/console

The build failure here is not related to sanitizers - Clang Makefile
expects that compiler-rt Makefile will build "builtins" and "profile"
runtime libraries, but it doesn't.
This only happens on 32-bit Linux, I can't figure out what's wrong from
console log and don't have access to 32-bit box =/
I verified that everything works fine on 64-bit Linux.

--
Alexey Samsonov
vonosmas at gmail.com