[cfe-dev] RFC: Nullability qualifiers

Aaron Ballman aaron at aaronballman.com
Sat Jun 27 07:54:15 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 10:45 AM, b17 c0de <b17c0de at gmail.com> wrote:
> __has_extension(nullability) returns true in non-GNU mode, on the other
> hand,__has_extension(assume_nonnull) returns false in non-GNU mode. Are you
> saying this difference is by design. If so, why?

I answered a bit too early in the morning. ;-) I forgot that
__has_extension inherits functionality from __has_feature. So
assume_nonnull should be true with either __has_feature or
__has_extension in GNU or ObjC mode, but is currently false in other
modes. You are correct that nullability is a bit different, and I'm
not certain why. __has_feature(nullability) will return true for GNU
and ObjC mode. __has_extension(nullability) will always return true.

I am not certain whether this is by design or is a bug, but perhaps
Doug can explain. (I'm also a bit curious as to why GNU mode is
required.)

~Aaron