[cfe-dev] Clang is missing __bases and __direct_bases support (regarding PR23915)

Alexey Frolov alexfrolov1878 at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 22 16:33:22 PDT 2015

Hi Richard,

I have some questions regarding issue described in http://llvm.org/PR23915.
GCC header tr2/type_traits relies on compiler's support of __bases and __direct_bases type specifiers.
I'd like to volunteer to implement this in Clang, but I need some guidance.
Does the corresponding N2965 feature look like something the community will accept?

It looks like this should be implemented as a UnaryTransformType (like __underlying_type is implemented), but we should transform type-argument into a some kind of a pack of base (or direct base) types.
What do you think of it?

Thank you,
Alexey Frolov