[cfe-dev] Clang online documentation in source build or binary distribution

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Thu Jun 18 19:30:18 PDT 2015

On 6/18/2015 1:51 PM, Jonathan Roelofs wrote:

> On 6/18/15 11:35 AM, Edward Diener wrote:

>>> See: http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#local-llvm-configuration
>>>
>>> LLVM_ENABLE_DOXYGEN and LLVM_ENABLE_SPHINX enables building the docs for
>>> the internal interfaces and the manual respectively.
>>
>> Thanks, I will look at that.

>>> Docs are available here: http://llvm.org/releases/ I'm not sure if there
>>> is a place where you can download the whole set of docs for a given
>>> release, but they should at least be buildable using those flags (which
>>> might have changed in older releases? I don't know offhand).
>>
>> I found llvm documentation there but no link to clang user documentation
>> for any past release.
>
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.6.1/tools/clang/docs/
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.6.0/tools/clang/docs/
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.5.1/tools/clang/docs/
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.5.0/tools/clang/docs/
> http://llvm.org/releases/3.4/tools/clang/docs/
> etc

Sure, thanks !

Notice that llvm doesn't have a single link to any of the web pages
above from their download page at http://llvm.org/releases/. So that
unless someone has been told about the links, as you have told me, it is
ordinarily impossible to find from that online page.

It would be much better if the documentation for previous releases of
clang were actually links somewhere off of the main clang page at
http://clang.llvm.org/. How hard would it be for clang to provide this
sort of information given that nobody would find it from llvm unless
told about it ?