[cfe-dev] Command line compiler options

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Tue Jun 16 10:50:18 PDT 2015

On 6/16/2015 12:40 PM, mats petersson wrote:
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__clang.llvm.org_docs_UsersManual.html&d=AwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=CnzuN65ENJ1H9py9XLiRvC_UQz6u3oG6GUNn7_wosSM&m=zLEOq-VXwfpKNAdAkHqmSyTnsvQ2AnIbGowAWxUJokM&s=hWs1GmrmaTNo439zan_9XGonCIqx-VXI1-9c6gmmm1U&e=>
> Contains a section called "command line options", which to my reading is
> complete.

It is not even remotely complete, for any clang release. As very simple
example of this try finding out what -std= options are available for C++.

> Typing `clang --help` will give you a list of the options that
> particular version of clang supports, with short descriptions of what
> each option does.

I will try that for the latest version I have built.

Unfortunately that does no good for earlier versions of clang I may not
have but about which I need to find out what it supported.