[cfe-dev] Tool to relate unoptimized IR AA info to C-language constructs?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:48:03 PDT 2015

I'm playing around with LLVM's alias-analysis pass framework, and it's
sometimes instructive to see what AA can figure out regarding various C
lvalues and operations.

Unfortunately, except with very small C snippets, it can be a little
tedious to try relating the alias sets, expressed in terms of IR registers,
to the corresponding C constructs.

Does anyone know of a tool which takes a stab at re-stating the AA alias
sets in terms of the C constructs to which they pertain?  (I realize the
association is imperfect, but I figured the combination of "-O0", "-g", and
not using "-mem2reg" would go a long way.)

Thanks,
Christian