[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [RFC] Ideas on improving Compiler-RT CMake

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 18:29:14 PDT 2015

On 2 Jun 2015 2:04 pm, "Jonathan Roelofs" <jonathan at codesourcery.com> wrote:

> [...]
simpler. Compiler-rt is *Clang's* runtime library, after all.

>>> I don’t know if it is on the table to drop supporting compiler-rt with
GCC, but that would dramatically simplify things.

>> Weird, I'd assumed building compiler-rt with something other than
>> clang was unsupported.  Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't
>> the only supported configuration be building with the just-built
>> clang?
>

> The current default for an in-tree build is to build compiler-rt with
whatever compiler is being used to build Clang... sometimes that compiler
is GCC.

> I agree though. We should always use the just-built Clang, and have that
behavior be opt-out (if folks need it), instead of opt-in as it is now.

What would the build system do for a cross compile of Clang?