[cfe-dev] Resolving conflicts when using arcanist

Nathan Wilson nwilson20 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 14:20:17 PDT 2015

Hi,

When trying to apply a patch via arc (arc patch D<Revision>), I get a
conflict. So, it looks like the output below. Is there a good way of
resolving it? Should I just modify the the file that has an issue by adding
what was approved in the Patch, run the tests, then do an arc commit?

arc patch D11600
patching file test/SemaCXX/cxx-concept-declaration.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 15.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
test/SemaCXX/cxx-concept-declaration.cpp.rej
patching file lib/Sema/SemaDecl.cpp

 WARNING  Some hunks could not be applied cleanly by the unix 'patch'
utility. Your working copy may be different from the revision's base, or
you may be in the wrong subdirectory. You can export the raw patch file
using 'arc export --unified', and then try to apply it by fiddling with
options to 'patch' (particularly, -p), or manually. The output above, from
'patch', may be helpful in figuring out what went wrong.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Nate