[cfe-dev] C++11 and enhacned devirtualization

Piotr Padlewski prazek at google.com
Thu Jul 16 10:02:47 PDT 2015

The proposal of our solution will be published next week. Brief
introduction:

"Basic idea is to mark vtable loads with !invariant , and also put assume()
after calling constructor to show how vtable will look like. Function
@llvm.invariant.barrier that breaks the invariant will be needed to cope
with placement new and other cases where the vptr is legitimately permitted
to change."

We also want to make some improvements on generating vtables as
avaliable_externally - for example when there are no virtual inline
functions

Piotr