[cfe-dev] Error parsing files with AST Matcher tool

Han Wang wanghan02 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:20:42 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a simple file containing some Microsoft style inline asm. I can
compile this file with -fms-extensions.

clang++ -fms-extensions -c test.cpp

No problem for this.

But when I write a simple AST Matcher tool (foo.out) to parse this file, I
got errors.

./foo.out test.cpp -- clang++ -fms-extensions -c test.cpp
test.cpp:19:3: error: MS-style inline assembly is not available: Unable to
find target for this triple (no targets are registered)
  __asm {
  ^
test.cpp:28:3: error: MS-style inline assembly is not available: Unable to
find target for this triple (no targets are registered)
  __asm mov a1, 2
  ^
2 errors generated.
Error while processing test.cpp.

There are also some other problems when parsing test.cpp. For example if I
#include <string>, I have to use -- clang++ -I<path-to-string> to identify
the system header file path. I'm not sure what makes it different then the
normal clang compile.

Best regards,
Han