[cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Tue Jan 27 13:29:36 PST 2015

Hello,

On 15/01/2015 05:44, Hans Wennborg wrote:
> Hi testers!
>
> 3.6.0-rc1 was just tagged, so testing can begin.
>
> I'm not super familiar with the testing script yet, but I believe the
> idea is to run it as follows:
>
>   $ utils/release/test-release.sh -release 3.6.0 -rc 1 -triple
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> With the -triple value substituted for your platform. Bill's 3.5rc1
> email also said 'test-suite' needs to be run by hand.
>
> Please upload binaries to the sftp and report your results to this thread.

I uploaded in Debian 3.6rc1. Most of the archs are fine beside kfreebsd.
I had to write some patches to make it build (I will see to forward them).
David and I did a rebuild of the whole Debian archive using clang 3.6rc1:
http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1

It didn't show any regressions compared to 3.5. There are a few more
failures but nothing critical: 5.7 % of failure with 3.5, 5.9% with 3.6

I found two new kind of failures:
http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1&key=KEYWORD_PRECEDE
http://clang.debian.net/status.php?version=3.6.0rc1&key=INCORRECT_CONVERSION

I will do another rebuild once 3.6 stable is released.

Cheers,
Sylvestre