[cfe-dev] About Clang Test

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Tue Jan 20 20:51:55 PST 2015

No, there are no end-to-end execution tests that live in the clang or LLVM
repositories and are expected to run before check-in. The IR FileCheck
tests give us enough faith that everything is working properly.

Fortunately, it is *very* easy to self-host clang or build any other
software you have access to and run its tests.