[cfe-dev] About Clang Test

Nothing bluechristlove at 163.com
Tue Jan 20 18:49:17 PST 2015

Hi everyone!
    I'm trying to write a translator to translate LLVM IR to another IR(named 'X'). That's to say I use the result of Clang but do not use LLVM Backend. You can think I use Clang + Another IR('X') + Another Backend(Can recognize 'X'). Here, I want to know where is the test of Clang?

   First of all, I want to list the information I have known so far.
   1. clang-test repository in the LLVM
       The standalone repository I found yesterday. I found many test files in this folder but I didn't know whether it is the all test files of Clang, because I found that these are mainly from gcc test suite, especially I didn't know whether it contained C++11, C++1y test cases or not.

  2. tests in the Clang repository
     In the Clang repository, there is also one tests folder which has 'SemaCXX', 'SemaTemplate' and so on. But I find that it is tested by verify files. I think I need the running result(Because I use Clang, if  I compile it, it can compile perfectly). For example:

// a.cc

int func() {
     int a = 1;
     int b = 3;
     return a + b;
}
int main() {
    std::cout << func();
    return 0;
}
if I run a.cc, the result will be 4. if I can have one 'expected_result' file, I can know whether it is the correct result or not.

The problem is that I do not whether Clang has this kind test suite, i.e. one test file(such as a.cc), one expected result file(such as a.expected).

Thanks