[cfe-dev] Building Cross Compiler

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:11:12 PST 2015

> It seems that the CMake script outputs the wrong triple, but clang outputs
> the correct triple (with an extra '-').  Am I missing something or is this a
> bug in the build script?

I think I've encountered things like this from before; what CMake
(always) calls the "target triple" is what autotools would call the
host triple, as I recall. Quite a few places in LLVM's build system
has terminology inherited from autotools, so it can get a bit
confusing.

> -DCMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING=True

You probably don't want this either. That's almost certainly an option
for when you'd be *using* your cross-compiler.

Cheers.

Tim.