[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 00:31:13 PST 2015

On 19 Feb 2015, at 21:37, Tom Honermann <thonermann at coverity.com> wrote:

> It hurts less at one time, yes.  But syncing often is actually more costly due to overhead involved with each sync, at least for us.

I've found the same thing over the last couple of years.  There's enough API churn going on in head that regular syncs often mean migrating the same bit of code to new APIs several times over the course of a release.

I used to do regular merges from ToT for out of tree projects, now I only do that for our back end (where we actually need ToT features periodically).  For everything else, I just accept the pain of updating once every release or two (or, in a couple of cases, just let the project bitrot).

David