[cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] RC2 has been tagged, Testing Phase II begins

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Thu Feb 5 16:18:49 PST 2015

> > > clang+llvm-3.6.0-rc2-mipsel-linux-gnu.tar.xz
> > > 	All clear for default options.
> > > 	Still running for the other configs.
> >
> > I just had to kill Searching-dbl.simple and Packing-dbl.simple for the
> > mips32 config which were at 65hrs and 15hrs real time respectively. This is
> > far in excess of the 15,000s time limit that's supposed to be in force. I'm not
> > sure what's going on here.
> >
> > In rc1, Searching-dbl.simple took 357 seconds user time (7731s real time,
> > the FPU is emulated via kernel traps) and Packing-dbl.simple took 555s user
> > time (8724 real time).

This testing has now finished. All is well apart from the two tests I killed. I'm re-running them overnight to see if it happens again and I'll start debugging in the morning.

> > > clang+llvm-3.6.0-rc2-x86_64-linux-gnu-ubuntu-14.04.tar.xz (cross
> > > compiling for Mips):
> > > 	Still running
> >
> > Of what's completed so far I'm seeing a lot of timeouts that weren't in rc1.
> > Mostly on the TSVC tests.

It's looks like the qemu update that was needed for microMIPS has introduced a bug in some of the other configs. I've successfully re-run some of the failing tests with the previous qemu. I'm re-running the rest overnight and it should be mostly finished by the morning.