[cfe-dev] C++ Semantic highlighting and YouCompleteMe

Davit Samvelyan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 25 05:39:51 PST 2015

Hi,

Sorry if this email is off topic.

Today I've got this sticky idea, to do a semantic highlighting of C++
source in Vim using YouCompleteMe's infrastructure.
For the start I would like to be able get  class, namespace, enum... names
and highlight them.

So I dug in, and didn't find anything similar in the libclang C API (the
one used by YCM).
I'm not sure how to do it right with the C++ API: to traverse the whole AST
or there is a better/cheaper way to do it? (for example judging by its name
ASTContext::getTypes() is doing something similar)

So if anyone is interested in the topic and is willing to help me by giving
initial direction or guiding me, and if I will be allowed to add such
functionality into the libclang C API :) I will be glad to work on this.

Regards,
Davit Samvelyan