[cfe-dev] clang-tidy in the editor

Mark Deggeller via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 23 11:37:18 PST 2015

Kevin Funk wrote:
> Can you share the extra plumbing needed in order to load clang-tidy as a
> plugin?
>
> For loading the Clang plugin in libclang I presume you also needed a similar
> patch like http://reviews.llvm.org/D15729, right? Care to help out reviewing +
> assuring this makes it into Clang proper?

Since the plugin mechanism doesn't work with windows .dlls, I had to
statically link the plugin, so that patch wasn't necessary for me.

I'm not ready to share a patch, as I'm still working out the kinks of
the plugin itself. There were lifetime issues regarding the
ClangTidyContext, so I had to change the ClangTidyASTConsumer to own the
Context since the PluginASTAction is deleted right after creating the
consumer. These changes break the clang-tidy tool unfortunately.