[cfe-dev] [Clang-tidy] applying fixes multiple times on same file

Kevin Funk via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 04:23:21 PST 2015

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:02:03 AM Piotr Padlewski via cfe-dev wrote:
> Ok thanks Don. I think it would be good to provide that information in
> documentation.

Heya,

that's why there's the 'run-clang-tidy' python script [1] as part of  clang-
tidy.

It does
- Parallelize the clang-tidy invocations
- Records changes-to-be-made (via `clang-tidy -export-fixes`)
- And only when joining the subprocesses: Applies the changes
  (using clang-apply-replacements)

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Kevin