[cfe-dev] Clang Python Bindings - Reading AST file dumped by clang

Daniel Kats via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 10 10:43:09 PST 2015

Hi Jason,

The benefit of clang-cl is it sets up all the include headers for libclang
on Windows, which I am having trouble specifying to libclang directly.
Also, in the Python bindings documentation for clang, it says that the
index.read function:

"""Load a TranslationUnit from the given AST file."""

Maybe I misunderstand what that means, but is it not meant to load AST
files generated by -emit-ast or -ast-dump?

Thanks for your help.
- Daniel