[cfe-dev] Static Analyzer - symbolic expressions in a program

Bhargava Shastry via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 9 01:50:08 PST 2015

Hi Ryan,

I have been trying to get your Clang SA STP patch to work on a local
fork of Clang (3.7, commit 3457cd5). After making a few changes, I got
it to compile on my Unix system (Ubuntu 12.04) which is great because
(according to the README) it hasn't been tested on non-Mac systems.

However, I run into issues when I invoke your plug in, like so:
```
clang -Xclang -load -Xclang
~/workspace/llvm/lib/SMTConstraintManagerPlugin.so -Xanalyzer
-analyzer-constraints=smt --analyze tmp.c

: CommandLine Error: Option 'debug' registered more than once!
fatal error: error in backend: inconsistency in registered CommandLine
options
clang-3.7: error: clang frontend command failed with exit code 70 (use
-v to see invocation)
clang version 3.7.0 (http://llvm.org/git/clang.git
3457cd5516ac741fa106623d9578f5ac88593f4d)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
clang-3.7: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to
http://llvm.org/bugs/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed
source, and associated run script.
clang-3.7: note: diagnostic msg: Error generating preprocessed source(s).
```

Any ideas what might be happening here. My patch attached. I am happy to
contribute to a future stp patch to clang sa!

Regards,
Bhargava