[cfe-dev] Custom Tool Against Exception Code

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 1 17:47:57 PST 2015

Passing /EHsc should do it, just like you would enable them with cl.exe.
The default setting is /EHs-, which is off.

Our treatment of /EHsc is slightly different from MSVC. For MSVC, it really
controls whether C++ destructors are run on exception, and they emit a
warning whenever you use throw or catch without it. For Clang, it disables
everything, throw, catch, destructors, whatever.

We didn't feel it was worth supporting a mode where 'throw' and 'catch'
work, but destructors don't run. It might make sense to have a mode where
we downgrade the error to a warning and compile catch to nothing, though.