[cfe-dev] How to use clang and llvm for JIT, preferably via the C API

Joel Andersson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 14:39:13 PDT 2015

Hi Lang,

Thanks a lot, I should have thought of that... I can use libclang to get
hold of the IR - that way I can avoid the command-line completely.

I don't think performance will be an issue, our generated code is quite
large so the extra overhead will probably be dwarfed by other steps in the
compilation chain.

When you refer to the "stable MCJIT API", you mean the C API, right? From
what I can tell, it indeed appears to have the required functionality (
http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/c_2ExecutionEngine_8h.html).

Thanks!
Joel