[cfe-dev] Trying again - building 64bit code on Windows

Edward Diener via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 24 15:49:21 PDT 2015

On 8/24/2015 6:05 PM, don hinton via cfe-dev wrote:
> Just in case anyone else might want to know...
>
> I don't think this is a clang/llvm or boost issue.  It's more of a
> cmake/ninja issue, and it works fine. (although I no longer use windows
> and didn't try to test it).
>
> This should help:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31262342/cmake-g-ninja-on-windows-specify-x64

I have already been told previously that the mingw(-64)/gcc toolchain
used to build clang is independent of the mingw(-64)/gcc toolchain used
as the RTL when clang itself is used to compile/link. Your link implies
that I have to build clang using a 64-bit version of mingw-64/gcc in
order to compile/link 64-bit code using clang. Is that true ?

> You could also look at the build bots -- they seem to build 64bit
> windows without too much difficulty...

What are the "build bots" and how do I "look" at them ?