[cfe-dev] Trying again - building 64bit code on Windows

Edward Diener via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 24 14:36:24 PDT 2015

Is clang built form the latest svn source capable of creating 64-bit
code on a Microsoft Windows 64-bit OS ? If yes, is this done through the
-m64 option or do I have to build clang from source in some particular
way to enable the functionality ?

I searched clang, Windows, and 64-bit code and have come up with just
about nothing. Furthermore in the clang user's guide the only mention
that I can see is:

"X86

The support for X86 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) is considered stable on
Darwin (Mac OS X), Linux, FreeBSD, and Dragonfly BSD: it has been tested
to correctly compile many large C, C++, Objective-C, and Objective-C++
codebases."

That does not explain much so I am hoping some clang developer can
explain more to me. OTOH if I get the silent treatment again I will just
assume that compiling 64-bit code with clang on a Microsoft Windows
64-bit OS is not a reality and won't bother pursuing it further other
than tell other interested Boost developers that it can't be done. Thanks !