[cfe-dev] Clang-Format - AlwaysBreakBeforeElse

Paul Hoad via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 17 14:45:39 PDT 2015

Apologies for the "newbie question", I would like to know if I were to
proceed with looking at implementing a "AlwaysBreakBeforeElse"
configuration option to Clang-Format would I be working against the general
direction of Clang Format?

I would like to format

if (x){
}
else {
}

in combination with BreakBeforeBraces "Linux" style (for classes,
namespaces and functions)

I found a previous submission that performed something l like what I needed
but I couldn't see this submission in the "trunk"

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140505/105216.html

I wondered if this had not been submitted, rejected and/or if there was a
reason why?

Many thanks in advance

MyDeveloperDay
https://mydeveloperday.wordpress.com/