[cfe-dev] run integration tests for single file

Alexander Droste alexander.ra.droste at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:19:46 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run some integration tests, defined in a single
file, for a static analysis check I wrote.

https://github.com/0ax1/MPI-Checker/blob/master/tests/integration_tests/MPICheckerTest.c

When I run the complete Clang test-suite (calling "ninja clang-test") for
integration tests, the tests I defined get executed and work as expected but
calling "llvm-lit MPICheckerTest.c" yields:

"llvm-lit: discovery.py:113: warning: unable to find test suite for
'MPICheckerTest.c' llvm-lit: discovery.py:224: warning: input 'MPICheckerTest.c'
contained no tests.."

In the docs (http://llvm.org/docs/TestingGuide.html) it is stated that in order
to add a test, configure/make should be called.
But in the llvm/test folder I do not have a configure script (I used ninja to
build LLVM) and simply calling make does not work ("../Makefile.config: No such
file ...").

Can anybody help out?

Best regards,
Alex