[cfe-dev] example does not compile, look like a bug

Eli Bendersky eliben at google.com
Thu Apr 30 10:50:34 PDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Csaba Raduly <rcsaba at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:20 AM,  equinox wrote:
> > On 4/30/2015 12:58 AM, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> (snipped)
> >
> > Thanks you for trying to help.
> > This problem is located in clang headers , not in the  code as I see it.
> > It implies clang 3.6.0 was released with faulty headers?????
> >
> > Marton
>
> Unlikely.
>
> The tutorial code was written for the clang 3.4.0 headers. The clang
> headers have changed since the 3.4.0 release, but the tutorial code
> was not updated.

As a reminder, the samples here:
https://github.com/eliben/llvm-clang-samples
Are kept up-to-date with upstream LLVM & Clang. There are branches for each
LLVM release, and the master branch tracks ToT (usually no more than a
couple of weeks behind). The samples come with a full Makefile for Linux
that can be used to build them vs. a source tree of LLVM & Clang or a
binary drop.

Eli